Practice Lessons

Great job today everyone! The most common piece of feedback I gave was to go slower, put less content into your time. Many of you argued that 10 minutes is too short, and you’re right – 10 minutes is far too short for a full lesson on anything, but it’s not too short to do one thing and do it well. In addition to the feedback you got from your peers, I am hoping that this can be the second takeaway that you get from this activity. Namely, that it will be better for student comprehension to cut off a lesson, or cut things out of your syllabus than to rush through topics and ideas. If students don’t understand the first thing you do, it’s not going to help them to speed through a second thing. Without the understanding, they (we) are lost.

Overall, though, I was very impressed at the use of group work, and all of the creative activities you came up with (some of which I hope to incorporate into my own teaching as well)!

Thank you “Aforsys training” by Eurobas – Own work. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons – http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Aforsys_training.PNG#mediaviewer/File:Aforsys_training.PNGĀ  for use of this image.